Which products require CE marking?

Compliance Expert Soufyan Lamdini explains

Which products require CE marking?

All products which are intended for use within the European Economic Area (EEA) and fall under the scope of one or more New Approach Directives must bear the CE marking. New Approach Directives exist for the following products: 

– Cableway installations designed to carry persons
– Construction products
– Electromagnetic compatibility
– Equipment and protective systems in potentially explosive atmospheres
– Explosives for civil uses
– Lifts
– Low voltage equipment
– Machinery safety
– Measuring instruments
– Medical devices: Active implantable
– Medical devices: General
– Medical devices: In vitro diagnostic
– New hot-water boilers fired with liquid or gaseous fluids (efficiency requirements)
– Non-automatic weighing instruments
– Packaging and packaging waste
– Personal protective equipment
– Pressure equipment
– Radio and telecommunications terminal equipment
– Recreational craft
– Simple pressure vessels
– Toys safety

If your product falls under one or more of the above groups, it must be CE marked before it can be traded in the EEA. If you are unsure whether your product requires CE marking, send us a message. We are happy to help you determine the route to compliance.

Was this answer helpful?

Was this answer helpful?

Related questions

CE Marking: yes or no?

The vast majority of the products sold in Europe must meet the CE product safety requirements. To demonstrate that a…

Which countries belong to the European Economic Area (EEA)?

The following countries are part of the European Economic Area (EEA): - The Netherlands - Bulgaria - Romania - Belgium…

Who can apply the CE marking for me?

This is different for each product. For a large number of products with a low safety risk, the manufacturer can…

Want to know more?

Check out our blog for the latest insights. Can't find what you're looking for? Our experts are happy to help.