The Declaration of Conformity is an essential required document of the European Product Directives for CE Marking. Once the CE mark is affixed to a product and the certification is complete, it must be supported by an official Declaration of Conformity (also known as DoC) in which the manufacturer declares that the product concerned complies with the essential requirements of the applicable European Directives. The CE marking must be affixed in a manner that it is legible and cannot be removed easily from the product concerned.
You can obtain the CE mark and Declaration of Conformity by following these steps:
1) Identify the EU requirements for your product
2) Check whether your product meets the specific requirements
3) Check whether your product must be tested by a Notified Body
4) Test your product
5) Compile the technical dossier
6) Affix the CE marking and draft a declaration of conformity
Every product that is intended for use within the EEA (European Economic Area) and falls under one of more of the New Approach Directives must bear the CE marking and have a Declaration of Conformity.