Why is a EU/EC Declaration of Conformity required ?
A EU declaration of conformity indicates that a product complies to all the requirements of European product legislation. This is a legal document which must accompany all CE marked products sold or traded in the European Union.
What is a Declaration of Conformity
It is an official declaration by the manufacturer or his representative that the product concerned is in compliance with all relevant requirements of the European product safety directives. It is proof that a product is designed and constructed in compliance with the appropriate conformity assessment requirements. CE marked products must be supplied with a Declaration of Conformity.
The EU Declaration must contain relevant information such as:
- Name/address of manufacturer or responsible authorized representative
- Description of product and model number
- Directives used for the CE marking certification
- List of standards used
- Name and position of authorized person
- Signature and date
Example of Product groups requiring Declaration of Conformity
- Machines and installations
- Electrical equipment and components
- Construction products
- Medical Devices
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Pressure Equipment
- Radio Equipment
Do you want to know more about our company? Follow us on LinkedIn