If trampolines are intended for domestic use and to be used by children under 14 years of age, they are considered toys. In October 2014 the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) approved EN71 – part 14: Trampolines for domestic use, which will soon be published.
This European Standard mentions several aspects for trampolines for domestic use;
- Requirements and test methods
- Their access devices and their enclosures
However, it excludes the following:
- Trampolines used as gymnastics equipment, covered by EN 13219
- Floating inflatable trampolines, covered by the EN 15649 series
- Trampolines used in public playgrounds
- Inclined mat trampolines
- Inflatable trampolines
- Fitness trampolines, including trampolines for medical use
- Trampolines with additional features, e.g. tents, basketball hoop
- Trampolines for domestic use buried at ground level
Certification Experts can evaluate if the changes affect your current certification and, if necessary, perform a re-evaluation conformity assessment. For more information regarding this standard, please use the contact form or get in touch with one of your experts directly at +31 (0) 294 48 33 55.