Obtain your Chinese compliance successfully
and bring your products safely onto the Chinese market
Certification Experts is your full-service compliance partner and guides you through the complete Chinese compliance process according to CCC, CQC, NMPA, SELO and SRRC certifications. With over 25 years of experience, our team of experts will help you to obtain access to the Chinese market.
Trust our team of experts to handle the Chinese compliance process for you
CCC Marking: Obtain access to the Chinese Market
The China Compulsory Certification (CCC) is similar to other certifications for product quality standardisation, such as the European CE mark. The CCC certificate applies to both imported goods and Chinese products. The CCC approval requirements include manufacturers in over 132 product categories to obtain the CCC mark before exporting to or selling in the Chinese market. For products that are required to be CCC certified, GB standards must be used. GB is an abbreviation for Guobiao (国标) which translates to ‘National Standards’ in Chinese. GB standards are the basis for the product testing which products must undergo during the certification process to be CCC approved.
Other Chinese compliance processes
For products which are not in the compulsory certification catalogue and cannot receive a CCC Certificate (China Compulsory Certificate), different processes can applicable:
- CQC: Manufacturers have the option to apply for a voluntary product certification. This CQC mark certification is a voluntary product certification. It is conducted by the official certification authority CQC (China Quality Certification Center). The CQC is sanctioned by the governmental agency CCIC (China Certification & Inspection Group) to manage the mandated process for manufacturers to get their CCC certification. For voluntary products certification GB/T standards can be used. GB/T is an abbreviation for Guó Jiā Biāo Zhǔn, which means a national standard in Chinese where ‘T’ means ‘recommended’.
- Chinese RoHS: The Administrative Measure on the Control of Pollution Caused by Electronic Information Products (RoHS), is a Chinese government regulation that controls the legal threshold of lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDs) in electrical and electronic products. Compliance with the Chinese RoHS is mandatory for electronic and electrical products that are going to be brought onto the Chinese market.
- NMPA: Formerly known as the China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA), The National Medical Product Administration (NMPA) is the Chinese agency for regulating drugs and medical devices. The NMPA is divided into two departments that deal with medical devices:
- Department of Medical Device Registration, responsible for pre-market approvals
- Department of Medical Device Supervision, responsible for post-market supervision
- Manufacturers must ensure the quality of their devices. This can also be done using the ISO 13485 certificate. Further, it is important to note that the NMPA requires that any foreign manufacturers who do not have a legal entity in China must appoint one when they initiate the product registration process. The legal entity must reside in China.
- SELO: Is an approval procedure of the Chinese authority of Special Equipment Licensing Office. The SELO system primarily applies to:
- Pressure vessels
- Pressure piping
- Safety devices
- It is intended to ensure the safety and quality of these products in various industrial applications. Manufacturers submit their application documents for special equipment licensing to this, and SELO has the responsibility to check and handle those documentations including the correction and completeness of application forms and other documents needed, and submit those applications meeting the requirements in format to AQSIQ for approval of acceptance. AQSIQ is the abbreviation for General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of PRC (People’s Republic of China). It is a ministerial administrative organisation directly under the State Council of the People Republic of China. AQSIQ is responsible for national quality, metrology, entry-exit commodity inspection, entry-exit health quarantine, entry-exit animal and plant quarantine, import-export food safety, certification and accreditation, standardisation, as well as administrative law-enforcement.
- SRRC: This stands for State Radio Regulation of China. Devices from the telecommunications sector that use for example WLAN or Bluetooth, can fall under SRRC certification in China. One model with one frequency band requires one SRRC certificate. The SRRC tests must be carried out in a test laboratory in China accredited by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT). After completion of the SRRC registration, products can be imported into China. It is mandatory to affix the label with the CMIIT ID on it.
Full-service product compliance
Leave it to us.
How to achieve Chinese compliance?
At Certification Experts, we have a Chinese office where our partners are able to offer guidance and advice on compliance solutions for China trade compliance, to be able to obtain CCC approval and/or on the following services:
We can also help you get approved product for the following markets:
Check out our services
Click on the service blocks below to see what our experts can do to help you obtain Chinese compliance.
Chinese ComplianceChinese compliance is necessary to meet China’s unique regulations. This includes certifications, import/export, market entry, cultural adaptation, quality inspections, IP protection, and government relations. These services are essential for success and compliance in the Chinese market. At Certification Experts, we have a Chinese office where our partners are able to offer guidance and advice on compliance solutions for China trade compliance.
CQCProducts which are not in the compulsory certification catalogue and cannot receive a CCC Certificate (China Compulsory Certificate) have the option to apply for a voluntary product certification. This CQC Mark Certification is a voluntary product certification. Our Chinese office offers guidance on cost and time efficiency regarding certification to be able to access the Chinese market through obtaining the CQC mark certification.
SRRCSRRC services are essential for businesses aiming to sell wireless and radio products in China. This involves navigating regulations, streamline certification procedures, and ensuring products meet the required technical standards while adhering to radio frequency regulations. Products that use WLAN or bluetooth require a State Radio Regulation Certificate. This must be carried out in a test laboratory in China. At Certification Experts, we have a Chinese office that can provide guidance and advice regarding this process.
Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)In order to ensure the absolute compliance of your electrical and electronic products, the Administrative Measure on the Control of Pollution caused by Electronic Information Products must be examined. Restriction of Hazardous Substances (ROHS) compliance is essential as it protects the environment by restricting hazardous substances in electronics, which minimizes ecological impact. This compliance also assures consumer safety and worker well-being by ensuring products are free from harmful materials. Beyond legal mandates, ROHS adherence is pivotal for market access, preventing barriers to entry. Moreover, it builds consumer trust, enhances brand reputation through ethical practices, and promotes innovation in creating safer and more sustainable electronic products. At Certification Experts, we offer RoHS compliance services.
NMPAMedical device and IVD manufacturers will need to obtain National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) approval to bring their product onto the Chinese market. At Certification Experts, we have a Chinese office who offers guidance and advice on compliance solutions in order to obtain NMPA certification. Certification Experts can be your agent and assist you with registering in NMPA.
All the answers you might need!
Full-service product compliance
Leave it to us.