What should be put on the packaging when the product is certified?
When a product is CE marked and bears the CE mark, specific information and markings should be included on the packaging to demonstrate compliance with EU directives, regulations and standards.
The packaging of certified products generally must include the following information:
- CE logo (CE Marking)
- Manufacturer’s name and address
- Name and address of European Authorised Representative (if applicable)
- Product information; Product name, model number, and a brief description of its intended use
- The country where the product is produced
- User instructions (or mentioning that these are present in the packaging)
- Safety instructions (or mentioning that these are present in the packaging)
Certain product categories may have additional labeling or markings requirements specified by relevant EU directives, regulation or standards. For example, specific symbols or information may be mandated for products like toys, electronics, or medical devices. Here are some examples:
- Warning logo’s (for example if the product is not suited for children younger than a certain age)
- Age indication
- Whether the package is recyclable (if yes, a special logo should be affixed)
- Unique Device Identifier (UDI): Medical devices
The language on the packaging of a CE-marked product should align with the language requirements of the specific country or countries where the product is being placed on the market. The goal is to provide clear and accurate information to consumers and regulatory authorities while demonstrating your product’s conformity with EU safety and performance standards.
How can Certification Expets help?
Certification Experts can provide guidance on the information that should be included on product packaging when it is certified. This may involve advising on the appropriate certification marks, regulatory requirements, and essential information to communicate to consumers. They can ensure that the packaging complies with relevant standards and regulations, helping businesses accurately convey the certified status of their products to the market.
Please feel free to contact us to consult the relevant EU directives, regulations, and standards that apply to your specific product to ensure that you comply with all packaging and labeling requirements.
Full-service product compliance
Leave it to us.