What should be put on the packaging when the product is certified?
The packaging of certified products generally must include the following information:
– Manufacturer’s name and address
– Name and address of European Authorised Representative (if applicable)
– Product name
– CE Marking
– The country where the product is produced
– User instructions (or mentioning that these are present in the packaging)
– Safety instructions (or mentioning that these are present in the packaging)
– Warning logo if the product is not suited for children younger than a certain age
– Age indication
– Whether the package is recyclable (if yes, a special logo should be affixed)
– Part number
– Total weight of the product
The language on the packaging should be the language of the country where the product will be used. Keep in mind that there are often additional requirements for specific products, depending on the applicable Directive(s) and/or (harmonised) standards.